OPEN CALL FOR YOUNG SPANISH ARTISTS LIVING IN NYC
SPAIN FRESH SPACE_ REMAKE
24h Pop Up Show on June 13th 2014
355A Bowery, New York
ABOUT THE OPEN CALL
SPAIN FRESH in partnership with SPAIN CULTURE NEW YORK and SPAIN arts & culture launches an open call for Spanish artists living in NYC to develop a proposal for a 24h intervention on June 13th 2014 at Open Gallery Space, located at 355A Bowery in New York.
The main idea of this OPEN CALL is to give the opportunity to one artist or collective living in NYC to present its work to the American public following SPAIN FRESH principles and the main theme of SPAIN FRESH for its 2014 international program: REMAKE (concepts as remembrance, pastiche, amnesia, etc) present nowadays in several artistic disciplines.
The aim of this open call is to select a proposal from a Spanish creator living in NYC and presented to the public in addition to the multidisciplinary program of SPAIN FRESH that has been taking place at NYU’s King Juan Carlos Center during Spring 2014. In this festival, SPAIN FRESH has programmed a series of events with fresh music, photography and film portraying the current trends in Spanish culture.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR THIS OPEN CALL:
1. This open call is only directed to Spanish artists living in NYC under 35 years old in 2014.
2. The deadline for presenting the proposals is June 2nd 2014 at 11:59 ET.
4. The intervention will last 24 hours including set up, show and wrap up from 8 am June 13th until 00:00 am June 14th.
5. The disciplines accepted are: video art, performance, editorial, sound / light / installation and/or gastronomy.
6. The proposal can include only one or all the disciplines.
7. The budget assigned to the selected artist or collective is of $800,00 including the production and honoraries.
8. SPAIN FRESH will only provide: the rental of the space, the promotion and refreshments for the opening.
9. The selected artist or collective receive the assigned budget no later than one week before the event though check.
10. The selected artist or collective will manage the production, set up and wrap up.
11. The selection criteria will value the following:
- The coherence of the proposal with the main issue of SPAIN FRESH this year: REMAKE.
- The CV of the artist or collectives.
- The level of the proposal and its adequacy to the venue.
- The adequacy to the budget proposed.
12. SPAIN FRESH reserves the right to leave deserted this open call in the case that any of the proposals presented fit in.
14. Documents and format: all documents on pdf format, not exceeding 5 mb in total as it follows:
- Complete CV of the artist or collective + contact info + website / online portfolio + copy of ID
- Proof of residency in NYC. (Billing info, receipt, etc).
- Proposal description (not exceeding 2 pages)
- Additional info about the proposal (can be images, music, sketches, or other information required to support the proposal).
- A detailed budget for the proposal including the provider / vendor contact info.
15. Decision and notification: SPAIN FRESH will notify the result to the participants of this open call by June 4th via email.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE